Monday, April 16, 2012

If I Die Young (Cover)

If I Die Young (Cover)

If I die young burry me in satin lay me down on a bed of roses sink me in the river at dawn send me away with the words off a love song lord make me a rainbow I'll shine down on my mother she'll know I'm safe with you when you stands under my colors, oh and life ain't always what you think it ought a be no aint even grey but she burrys her baby the sharp knife of a short life well I've had just enough time and I'll be wearing white when I come into your kingdom I'm as green as the ring on my little cold finger I've never known the loving of a man but it sure felt nice when he was holding my hand there's a boy here in town says he'll love me forever who would've thought forever could be severed by the sharp knife of a short life well I've had just enough time so put on your best boys and I'll wear my pearls what I never did is done a penny for my thoughts oh no I'll sell them for a dollar there worth so much more after I'm a goner and maybe then you'll hear the words I've bee! n singing funny when your dead how people start listening if I die young burry me in satin lay me down on a bed of roses sink me in the river at dawn send me a way with the words of a love song the ballad of a dove go in peace in love gather up your tears keep' em in your pockets save' em for a time when your really gonna need them oh the sharp knife of a short life so put on your best boys and I'll wear my pearls





0 comments: